‘Personal Data’ of an individual is any information that is indicative of his/her identity in a direct manner or suggestive such as (not an exhaustive list), a first, middle and last name, permanent/temporary address, email ID, online avatar/identifier or other contact information and/or any identity proof document.
US Child Users
For children based in the United States of America, compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) is ensured. Please note: COPPA applies to child users who are under the age of 13.
In compliance with COPPA we ensure that verifiable parental consent from the child's parent or legal guardian has been taken before the collection, use, or disclosure of the child's Personal Data.
For details you may go to COPPA Direct Notice to Parents.
This notice is displayed to all parents/guardians when obtaining verifiable parental consent.
In case your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents can always refuse to permit us to collect further Personal Data, request to review their child's Personal Data, or request that we delete from our records the personal data collected from or about their child. Please keep in mind that a request to delete records may lead to a termination of an account, membership, or other service, as the nature of our services requires collection of Personal Data. To exercise any of these options, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be aware that to protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify a parent or legal guardian’s identity before granting access to any personal data.
EU Child Users
If your child is a resident of a Member State of the European Union and under 16 years of age then their data will be treated as a child's Personal Data and a consent of parent/legal guardian shall be obtained for the processing of Personal Data. General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) grants specific rights to all residents of the European Union which are mentioned below:
What Personal Data do we Collect & Process?
Categories of Personal Data that we collect and process are as follows:
- Demographic & Identity Data of you/ or your child (name, email address, contact number, photograph, location), gender, school name, birth date and year of the child to validate age)
- Financial Data (for e.g. account, payment details, invoice details)
- Online Identifiers and other Technical Data (for e.g. IP address, transaction logs, device details)
- Online training sessions are recorded and used for quality audits and teacher training
- Projects, quizzes, activities, apps developed, performance completed as part of our programs.
- Your child may also choose to provide Personal Data about themselves in the content they post on our website. However, as outlined above, we require and have safeguards in place to ensure that parental consent is taken.